Skip to content

Request Forms

If you do not see a request form you need in the information below, our Immigration Coordinators will be happy to assist you. 

Complete this request if you are an F-1 student who will not be graduating by the Program End Date listed on your I-20.
Complete this request if you are graduating this term and your remaining credits equal less than full-time enrollment. Note: Full-time enrollment defined by the University is a minimum of 12 credits for undergraduates, 8 credits for graduates and 6 credits for students with assistantships.

If you are experiencing an illness or medical issue requiring you to enroll less than full-time this semester, make an appointment with an Immigration Coordinator.
Complete this request if you will not be attending UWM this term and leaving the United States.
Complete this request if you are a current UWM student with a UWM-issued I-20 but have been admitted to a different SEVIS-approved institution and need your SEVIS record transferred to your new institution.

Note: Newly admitted students who need to transfer their SEVIS record to UWM must follow the instructions received through email from Contact with any questions. 

Complete this request if you need a reprinted document or if any of the information on your I-20 or DS-2019 has changed including a change of major, change of degree level, change to your dependent/s, change of name, or change in financial information.

If your I-20 is still valid and you only need a travel endorsement signature, complete the Travel Endorsement Request.

Government regulations state that USCIS may consider reinstatement to F-1 status if you: 

  • Have not been out of status for more than 5 months prior to filing for reinstatement (unless you can show that there were exceptional circumstances that prevented you from filing during the 5-month period)
  • Do not have a record of repeated or willful violations of Service regulations
  • Are pursing, or intending to pursue, a full course of study in the next available term
  • Have not engaged in unauthorized employment
  • Are not deportable on any grounds other than the status violation for which reinstatement is being requested
  • Committed a status violation that did not result from a willful failure on your part The status violation resulted from either:
    • Circumstances beyond your control
    • Or, the violation related to a reduction in your course load that would have been within a DSO’s power to authorize, and failure to approve reinstatement would result in extreme hardship to you
If you are no longer in valid F-1 status and are interested in applying for reinstatement, you will need to meet with an Immigration Coordinator to determine if you qualify.
Complete this request for authorization to engage in any work experience, including volunteer opportunities and internships.
Complete this Registration Change request if you are a sponsored student who requires approval to make changes to your enrollment.
COVID-19 Update:
Please note that you do not need a travel endorsement to leave the U.S. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the U.S. Government is allowing us to temporarily issue electronically signed I-20s and the I-20 document will be uploaded to your ISSS Connect portal.

Complete this request if you will be traveling internationally. You will need the travel endorsement to request reentry to the U.S. Note: Travel endorsements are valid for one year from date of signature for currently enrolled students. For students on OPT/STEM OPT, travel endorsements are valid for 6 months from date of signature. If your previous travel signature is still valid for your next planned travel to the U.S., please do not request a new travel endorsement.
Complete this request if you are an F-1 student who took a temporary leave of absence and completed an Authorized Early Withdrawal request for the spring 2021 semester and are intending to return in-person for the fall 2021 semester.
Students needing to request an Initial I-20 from UWM must follow the instructions received through email from You need to log into ISSS Connect to complete the Initial I-20 request. 

If you have any questions, email for more information.