Skip to content

Get a U.S. Bank Account

To open a bank account you will need your passport, and you'll need to know your Tax Identification Number (in some countries this is known as the Resident's Registration Number), as well as your address/dorm room number. 

UW Credit Union
Many UWM students open an account with the UW Credit Union. There's a location on campus, which makes this a convenient option for students, and it's simple to open an account. 

UW Credit Union Locations:
  • UWM On-Campus Branch: UWM Student Union, 2200 E Kenwood Blvd, Milwaukee, WI 53211
  • Glendale Branch: 6016 N. Port Washington Rd, Glendale, WI 53217 (just north of Bayshore Mall)