Skip to content

Print & Sign Your I-20

Your I-20 needs to be printed and then signed with a blue pen to request entry to the U.S. You are not allowed to use an electronic signature on the document.

When your I-20 was issued, you received instructions on how to access your I-20. You need download then print the document. You should use a blue pen to sign and date the document. You will need to have that printed and signed I-20 with you when requesting entry to the U.S. Students who do not have the printed, signed I-20 with them may have delays or problems when arriving and entering the U.S.

UWM is allowed to electronically sign your I-20, but you are not allowed to electronically sign the document. You can refer to the following website for additional I-20 information: October 12, 2021 I-20 Guidance