Start Online From Home
Many students can start their degree program online from home. Online classes are the same courses taught on our campus but taught online. Some courses require you to be online real-time, and others allow you to complete work at whatever time you are available. Talk to your advisor to make sure you select courses that will apply toward your degree.
Starting your classes online from home has several benefits:
- Begin your degree program even if you cannot yet come in-person.
- Develop relationships with faculty and students in the program as soon as possible.
- Shorten the amount of time you have to spend in the US after you arrive in-person.
- Study from home, thereby reducing cost-of-living expenses.
For UNDERGRADUATE (bachelor’s degree) students: The per-credit hour rate will be $505.70.
For GRADUATE (master’s and PhD) students: The per-credit hour rate will be $1,003.19.
Important notes about the special rate of tuition:
- Tuition is charged by the number of credits you register for regardless of credit total.
- Due to the significant discount on tuition, scholarships will not apply.
- Students admitted to graduate programs (master’s and PhD) in the Sheldon B. Lubar School of Business are not eligible for the special tuition rate.
- Segregated Fees will not be assessed.
- There may be additional fees for library services, user fees and differential tuition charges.
- Some courses may have different rates published in the Course Schedule, and those rates will supersede the above mentioned per credit hour rates.
- All international students will be charged a $100 International Student Fee per semester.
Students that start their program online from home will not have any status in the US, so online courses will not contribute toward your eligibility for OPT or CPT.
Declaration to Begin Classes Online:
Click the button below to complete and submit the Declaration to Begin Classes Online; you will need to use your UWM ePanther ID and password to log in.