Skip to content

Defer Your Admission

Requesting to defer your admissions means that you are asking UWM to allow you to start your degree program in a different term than you were originally admitted.  To approve the deferral, we will seek permission from your program. 

International students requesting to defer your admission need to complete the request by clicking the button below.

Once the deferral is done, you will receive an email from with information on your I-20.  You may be required to submit new proof of funding information.  Any funding from UWM will have to be re-issued for the new term.  Contact the department that offered you funding to learn whether it can also be deferred.

NOTE: â€‹Domestic students must request admission deferral by completing the OUA Term Change Form.