Skip to content

On-Campus Employment

All international students are eligible for on-campus employment at UWM for up to 20 hours per week during the Fall and Spring semesters and over 20 hours per week during Winter and Summer breaks.

Students on an F-1 visa: On-campus employment is a benefit of F-1 student status and requires no special authorization.
Students on a J-1 visa: On-campus employment is a benefit of J-1 student status, and requires authorization prior to beginning the employment. Contact your program coordinator in ISSS for additional information.

In order to work on campus, you must have a social security number. To apply for a social security number you must already have a job offer. Learn more about applying for a social security card.